Georgia Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- 1 can cream of soup (any flavor) – (use mushroom if adding mushrooms…use broccoli if serving broccoli…otherwise my favorite is celery)
- 1 can peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1 medium onion (optional)
- 1 cup mushrooms (optional)
- Liquid of choice – wine, beer, milk, broth, water in any combination.
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Seasoned Salt (I like Johnny’s)
- Garlic to taste (fresh or granulated-not salt nor powdered)
Set Crockpot to high just to warm it up.
Season chops to taste with salt, pepper & garlic.
Brown chops in hot skillet to seal in seasoning…set aside.
Mix together the cream of soup, fill soup can with peanut butter…add to soup then keep adding any combination of liquids until you have a nice, creamy, gravy-like mixture.
If adding onions…slice & push into rings.
If adding mushrooms…slice or use whole.
Now layer into the crockpot…chops, onion, mushrooms, gravy…repeat.
Cook for 6-8 hours on low (okay to cook longer).
Recipe Serves 4.
Enjoy! It sounds a little weird but it is yummy!
More Great Reading