Jobs are scarce in a lot of towns in America. People are getting desperate and creative in looking for ways to put food on the table. Instant Rewards Network is beginning to gain notoriety and people are looking for answers. My investigation was simply to check the validity of the opportunity for a friend. But what I found as I dug deeper and deeper into the business needed to be shared as well.
The Scam – IRN on Trial
You would be surprised by how many people just want to hear, “It’s a scam.” so they can say, “I knew it!” and move on. But I like to have all the facts and make my own decisions about things. If you are like me, you may find this article helpful. I have presented the information about various aspects of the business as a whole; the good, the bad, the pros, and the cons. Use it to come to your own conclusion.
#1 Question: Is it legit?
Yes – Unlike the scum out to just steal your money, IRN never asks for financial payment info because you never pay them for anything. They pay you. Now there’s a novel idea – a company that actually pays you (daily) for work that you do for them. Hmmm. That sounds pretty legit, doesn’t it? Keep reading.
#2 Question: Can I really make money with this?
It takes a little work in the beginning to get it going but after that, it pretty much runs on autopilot. The more time you invest, the more benefits you will reap. The biggest reason people don’t make money at anything is that they give up without really trying. If you’re hungry and willing to work, you can make money with this.
#3 Question: Is there a fee to join?
What does it cost to join Instant Rewards Network? $0.00
What about if I upgrade? Do I pay some kind of upgrade fee then? Nope!
My sponsor is telling me I will have to pay a fee to join, like $12 or $20 or $40 or … Your sponsor is either confused or trying to pull a fast one on ya. Get a different sponsor if it’s not too late. There is NEVER EVER EVER a fee to join Instant Rewards Network….not today, not a month after you join, not a year after you join.
#4 Question: Are there any start-up costs?
FIRST – THERE ARE NO JOIN FEES. See #3 above. If you have never owned your own business, think of start-up costs like back-to-school supplies. It’s just stuff you are going to need (or want) as you build your new business.
If you decide to join, there’s a part of the training process called meeting requirements where you will have to sample one of the free offers. You can cancel it during the free trial period if you don’t want it. Basically, they want you to know how that works so if one of your referrals has questions about it, you will have trained on it. It’s very quick and painless. I don’t really think of that as a start-up cost since many of the offers are free. Most people just try one of the free ones to get through the training, but some people genuinely want to try offers that will benefit them in some way, like a wine club or hunting knife or kid’s bedtime books. Some of those require you pay postage on all the FREEBIES they send to you, but will let you keep the item(s) even if you cancel the trial.
Even though I didn’t have to try as many offers as I tried, I was, after all, investigating the company, so I tried a variety of them. Some, I really needed, and kept. Others, I canceled during the free trial period yet still got to keep the freebies they sent to me. I got a really cool Japanese kitchen knife, books and crafts for my nephews, and, even though I’m still fairly young, I tried some anti-aging lotion. Guess what? I still turned a year older on my birthday while wearing the cream on my face! So, anti-aging? I think not. (ba dum pum, tschh).
#5 Question: Why do they need my name and email?
I hate it when a form asks for my name and email but doesn’t tell me why they need it and what it gets me – on the other side. Well, this article will give you an overview of the forms involved with IRN, and the Resources page shows you Step-By-Step what comes after every form, step and process. It includes screen shots as well.
#6 Question: How Do I Make Money?
Well, if there are no fees to join and no fees to upgrade, how are people paid? That’s the million dollar question. When you watch the 2nd video called the Overview or Orientation video, it explains everything in a lot more detail than I can do it justice here. For brevity’s sake, I’ll give you the oversimplified version. You get people to join the network and like I explained in #4 above, try a freebie offer like maybe some free children’s books, video games, cookbooks, a hunting knife or whatever. Some will like the service and keep it. Others will cancel and never pay a dime. The ones that like the offers and keep the service are the ones who make the advertisers happy. And a happy advertiser spends lots of money! They pay IRN and IRN pays you. What’s nice about this arrangement is that it doesn’t matter what your referrals try, IRN pays you very handsomely every time! Watch the Orientation Video for a lot more details. It explains it really well.
#7 Question: Are There Any Other Benefits?
When you start your own business it opens up a whole new world of tax deductions that can be fantastic. It allows you to write off expenses related to your business.
Many self-employed people are able to deduct expenses such as:
- A portion of Rent/Mortgage for Home Office space
- A portion of Utilities for Home Office use
- Do you have a waiting area for people you meet? Do you have magazines, chairs, tables, TV’s, and music to entertain them while they wait? Write it off!
- Cell, Computer, Printer, Modem, Router, Monitor, etc. purchases
- Cell, Computer, Printer, Modem, Router, Monitor, etc. depreciation
- Vehicle Expenses (usage, gas, oil changes, etc.)
- Office Furniture
- Office Supplies (printer ink, paper, etc.)
- Office Expenses such as Internet, Phone Bills, Modem Rentals, etc.
#8 Question: Who Are You?
I’m Kev, an honest, hard-working American writer, editor and developer who spends a full day at a job in the city then comes home to freelance work in the evenings. I spent a lot of time researching and investigating Instant Rewards Network with no intention of actually working the business until readers said they trusted me and wanted me to be their sponsor. I get a lot of enjoyment out of writing articles and helping new entrepreneurs understand the business, figure out their best marketing direction for where they live, and help them in brainstorming ideas to maximize the time in their lives to allow for building their own Instant Rewards Network business, but leaving more time for family and fun things. That’s what it’s all about!
Instant Rewards Network – Keywords • Forms • Getting Started
• ADVANCED FORMS — Most forms are located on the IRN site, but agents can incorporate custom forms into any Web page, like the one shown here without having to go to the IRN site. If you wish to try it out, use your real name and email. When you click submit it will initiate an “Auto-Responder” with a nice, professional-looking email created with the same drag and drop software.
• PRE-MADE EMAIL RESPONDERS — When a person enters their name and email into that first form by the intro video, their info comes to you (the agent). It is your job to supply them with information on what to do next. Fortunately, IRN has several pre-made emails you can use as is, that already have your name and your links inserted in the emails. But a lot of people will customize the emails with their own words to make them a but more personal. It’s up to you.
• CUSTOM GRAPHICS EMAIL RESPONDERS — You may choose to build your own fancy email responders using drag-and-drop online email makers — use this form to see the one I made. The same software is used to make the fancy custom forms (like the one shown here) that you can incorporate into your own site.
• SUBSCRIPTIONS — A subscription form is sometimes located on the introduction page or as an ACCESS PORTAL to get to the good stuff (special sections and videos). Subscribers have access to a lot more things than visitors. After a visitor becomes a subscriber through the form on the Intro Video page or through an access portal, the referring agent will introduce him/herself to the new subscriber and usually send them direct contact information, a welcome email and other helpful information. The subscribers can then directly email, call or text the agent with questions. If you do not see a referral agent’s name when you join, find one. It is imperative that you find and join under a great agent/mentor who can guide you through the process and answer your questions.
• ORIENTATION ~~~ HOW IT WORKS — If a visitor subscribes (from the intro page, custom form or an access portal) to Instant Rewards Network, a new window opens to an Orientation video. In my opinion, this is the most informative video in the post-subscriber, pre-member area of the site. In a few minutes it covers every aspect of the business. It should pretty much answer any question you have, and save you lots of reading.
• REGISTRATION — After the Orientation video the subscriber is provided a button that will take them to the Instant Rewards Network registration page to officially join the network and enter their contact information or simply exit if not interested. I have provided the video on the Resources page. Normally, only subscribers get to see this video as they complete their registration.
• FEES — There are no monthly fees. Instant Rewards Network will never ask for financial information. They do not require payment of any kind as there are no fees to join, no upgrades fees and no monthly fees. Instant Rewards Network and all of its agents are paid by the advertisers. It’s like a real job: You work. You get paid. BUT…You don’t get paid by the hour,and the pay isn’t proportionate to the amount of work that’s done. If you set up your business model properly (with the help of a great sponsor/mentor), there won’t be a lot of work involved.
• YOUR OWN WEB PAGE — Agents receive a Referral ID and get to select one of 17 Web page styles. Watch the Orientation video for a very detailed description of the Web page and how to use it.
• TRAINING VIDEOS AND GUIDES — There are numerous training videos for people of all skill levels from beginner to advanced. They did a great job with all the training materials. I was impressed. There is no set curriculum that I could find. Agents can watch any video in any order, and as many times as they wish. Want to skip all the videos and head straight to the training area? Follow these directions EXACTLY
• STARTER — An agent’s first assignment is to meet requirements. Think of this as on-the-job training. Here’s how it was explained to me: Everyone must do the training to know how it works and be able to explain it to others. Every agent in the system has done it and so must you. Want to skip all the videos and head straight to the training area? Follow these directions EXACTLY
• COMMISSION — Agents make commissions from Instant Rewards Network based on their referrals. There are several different commission levels but most agents follow the general layout provided by IRN that pays almost $100 per referral because it’s easy money.
• COMPANY PRIZES, BONUSES AND EXTRAS — IRN has been paying a referral bonus ever since I have been a member. Also, recently, I was one of 50 winners in a monthly random drawing at IRN (just for agents). Additionally, there are several other ways that IRN pays you a bonus commission. Some agents make a bundle ($1000/week) just off the bonus commissions.
The Real World
I hate it when people show off their bank accounts and the checks they receive. So what? You made money. Good for you. That doesn’t mean I’M going to make money! Right? However, visitors still ask about members in this business and if they are successful. So, to those inquisitive visitors, I present Ash.
Ash is a stay-at-home mom whose husband is in the military. She read my articles, and asked me if I would be her mentor. She went from joining one morning, to studying the materials I sent her that night, to making $360…in the next couple of days. And she just keeps bringing it in week after week.
I helped Ash realize a promotion technique that worked for her, in her situation. That’s another “pro” about the business. You are the king/queen of your own castle. Run your business the way you want. Do what works best for you, in your town, in your situation, etc. If you’re not sure what that is, be sure to get a great mentor so they can help you figure it out.
Falsifying Info = Bad
How do you avoid getting your account locked out before you even join? Simple, use the same name and email consistently. Some people want to use fake names and emails in the forms to see what’s on the inside thinking no harm, no foul. But that’s where they’re wrong! IRN has checks in place to prevent fraud. If caught using two different names or emails they will lock down your account. I hear it happens a lot because everyone thinks they’re the first to think about using a fake email and that there is no way others can know. You’re not the first, trust me. And they do have ways of knowing.
My best advice is this: if you think you might eventually join IRN or another online business, setup a gmail account that you can use in all the forms, and eventually as your freelance business email account. This way you can keep your business emails separate from your personal email.
My Sponsor Won’t Help Me! What Can I Do?
First, some terminology:
- SUBSCRIPTION FORM – is the one you see that asks for your name and email only. It usually accompanies the first video or entry page. You may subscribe to more than one source, but you can only register once.
- REGISTRATION FORM – is the one that asks for your address and phone number, and how you want to be paid.
- MEETING REQUIREMENTS – occurs after you have registered. It’s part of the training (getting your Starter credit). This will make sense to you only if you have come this far. Otherwise, don’t worry about it for now.
Have you REGISTERED yet?
- Find a sponsor you like by reading articles (like you’re doing now).
- Enter your name/email in one of their SUBSCRIPTION forms so you can start receiving their emails.
- Communicate with them to decide if this is the team you wish to join.
- If so, use the registration link they send to you.
- If not, simply enter your name/email in someone else’s form (go to step 2)
YES – I have registered:
Have you MET REQUIREMENTS yet?
- Send an email to your sponsor and ask them if they mind if you join another team.
- If you do not hear back from them, contact IRN customer support
- Supply customer support with YOUR email and the email of the NEW sponsor you want.
- Customer Support will attempt to contact your sponsor and request approval for the transfer.
- If approved, they will switch you to your new sponsor.
- If not approved, you must stay with your current sponsor.
- DO NOT RE-REGISTER under a different name/email. It will cause login problems for you.
- Once you have met requirements on a level your sponsor is paid a commission by IRN.
- Once your sponsor has been paid, you cannot switch to a new sponsor on that level.
- If you think about it, why would another sponsor help you if they are not being paid a commission to do so? Would you work an extra 2 hours without pay each day at your job?
- So if you’re working on requirements and your sponsor isn’t mentoring you to your standard, SWITCH SPONSORS BEFORE you meet requirements on the Starter level. Otherwise, your only option is to learn on your own, build your business on your own, figure out your marketing plan on your own…you get the idea. Having the right sponsor/mentor is VERY IMPORTANT in every stage of the process, not just during training.
There’s one last bit of hope for you if you fall into this category:
I have registered and I have completed Starter level, but I have NOT advanced BEYOND Starter level.
Note: You are not required to join multiple levels. Some do, some don’t. It’s completely up to you. Most people only join two levels, max. When you learn more about the levels you will understand why. It doesn’t cost anything. As I state above, there is never a fee at IRN for any level. It’s more of a preference for how you want to operate your business. I explain this in detail to members of my team.
- If you have not advanced beyond Starter level and find that you want more help than your current sponsor is providing, you may join another team on another level. In essence, you will have two teams; one for Starter level and one for a different level. There are many level options but most people only complete the two main levels suggested by IRN.
- So for example, let’s say you want to join another team on the 60 level. Send the sponsor an email and let them know you’d like to join their team on that level. They will send you a SPECIAL link where you can join their team on THAT specific level. That’s it. It’s pretty easy to do.
How to Choose The Right Sponsor/Mentor
Finding the right sponsor is tough when you don’t know what to look for in a sponsor or mentor. These points may help.
- When you receive an email from them, read it carefully.
- Does it look nice?
- Is it professional?
- Does it provide valuable information or is it poorly written, full of typos, and somewhat desperate to get you to register?
- Is the sponsor cheerful and welcoming? Or does it look like they just did a cut/paste of some general email from the company?
- Does it look like they invested time in their business to present you with a nice introduction? If they invested time in their business, they will likely invest in you. If the email looks like a quick, poorly written message that didn’t take a lot of time to write, it’s likely they haven’t invested much time in their own business, and will likely care even less about you or your business.
- Talk to your sponsor. Ask questions via email or phone. Reply to one of the autoresponder emails (everyone uses them) to get a more personalized, and direct response.
- How quick did they respond?
- Most freelancers have other jobs, so they have to set aside freelance work for the evenings or weekends.
- If it took them more than a week to respond, ask them why, to see if they only do freelance work on the weekends, or maybe they were on vacation. If they have no good excuse, you may want to find a sponsor who can answer your questions in less time.
- If they answer within 2-3 days, it generally means they freelance in the evenings and NOT on weekends. This is often indicative of younger couples who spend weekends doing activities with their kids.
- If they answer within 24 hours, then you know they are putting a lot of time into building their freelance business. Still, don’t just judge them by response time. Consider everything mentioned in this article and use your own good judgment.
- Was their answer thorough?
- Did it look like they took time out of their own busy schedule to answer your question?
- Anytime a sponsor sets aside time to help you, work with you, answer questions, help you build your business, brainstorm ideas, offer marketing experience advice, etc., this is a sponsor that genuinely cares.
- If you receive short, unhelpful responses, it’s best to find another sponsor…fast!
- Ask them what happens after registration. Ask them how THEY plan to help you.
- Use your own judgment here. You can usually tell by their response if they plan to leave you high and dry to figure it out on your own, or if they have some kind of organized system they have developed to help walk you through the process.
- How quick did they respond?
If I tell you what I do as a sponsor, then you can imagine that every agent out there who reads this article is going to offer the exact same help system, but may not be able to deliver. So, I just keep those things to myself until people actually register on my team. Then, I encourage agents to take knowledge they learn from our team to learn how to be a great mentor to others.
If you do decide to join and you’d like to join my team, simply use the big green button below or one of the in-page access portals (forms). I’ve learned a lot of things while working for IRN since 2013 that I enjoy sharing with my team. I want you to be successful, and I’ll help you in any way I can.
Still on the fence?
There are more answers here.
Smile, and be kind to one another!
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Instant Rewards Network - June 20, 2014
- Affordable Web Design for Small Business, Entrepreneurs and Individuals - April 22, 2014
- Full Money System Scam - April 1, 2014